Spicy Indian Potato Cakes
By Brian Holley on June 05, 2008
Photo by Brian Holley
- Prep Time: 3 mins
- Total Time: 13 mins
- Servings: 4
About This Recipe
“Mashed potato’s, spiced with chillies, turmeric and cilantro and then fried. Wonderful way to serve potato with a B.B.Q., goes soooo well with ribs and chicken. There won’t be any left over I bet.”
- 1/2 lb mashed potatoes ( powdered potato works well )
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 fresh green chilies, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped ( coriander )
- 1 tablespoon oil ( for frying)
- Mash the potato and add the rest of the ingredients, mix well.
- Divide the mixture into patties.
- In a non stick pan heat the oil and fry the patties till golden, turn them over and fry the other side.
- Eat while still hot.