By roja khan on October 31, 2007
Photo by Sandi (From CA)
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Total Time: 50 mins
- Servings: 4
About This Recipe
“Serve the aloo methi hot with chapati or paratha.”
- 2 cups mustard greens, leaves ( fenugreek, cleaned, washed and finely chopped)
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into small pieces
- 1 medium Tomato ( chopped)
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seed ( jeera)
- 3 whole dried red chilies
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, sliced finely
- Heat oil and add onion and fry till golden. Add cumin seeds and dry red chilies.
- When cumin seeds are done and chilies turn brown add salt, turmeric, chili powder and chopped tomato. Sauté foe a moment.Add methi and 1 cup water and cook on a medium flame.till done and till water is fully absorbed.
- Now add potatoes and 1/2cup water and mix well. Cook till potatoes are done.